Top Ten Books of 2011

I find it so difficult to narrow books down into top 10 lists, but I've decided to participate in a wonderful event for this week which requires me to do just that.  Ugh!  Regardless, I will endeavor to be discerning and only list the ten that the post requires (though I could go on and on, I'm sure).    So, without further ado, here is my haggled-over list of the top ten books I've read in 2011.  Though not all of these books necessarily came out in 2011, I read each of them over the past year.

1.  Chris Bohjalian's Trans-Sister Radio...I loved this book from the moment I opened it.  It's provocative, thoughtful, and oh so controversial.  Great read!

2.  Julia Glass' Three Junes...This book stayed with me for months after I finished it.  Glass does a beautiful job at portraying each character and fully developing everything.  Brilliant.

3.  Kathryn Stockett's The Help...Um...HIGH-LARIOUS and heart-warming!  That's all.  I loved, loved, loved this book so much.  It's a must-read!

4.  Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy...That's right!  Three in one.  Booyah!  I simply fell in love with this series the moment I cracked the spine of the first book.  They are magical and definitely pull you into another world.  So good!

5.  Alexander McCall Smith's 44 Scotland Street...I think I loved this book so much because it took me back to living in Europe.  Oh how I miss it.  A lovely read.

6.  Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go...Seriously thought-provoking and surreal.  This book really makes you question what you would do when presented with life-altering decisions.

7.  Pittacus Lore's The Power of Six...I was so excited for this book to come out!  It was so much better than the first book in the Lorien Legacies series and I can't wait for the next one!

8.  Rick Riodan's The Last Olympian...Ah the final installment of the Percy Jackson series.  It was great and I loved every minute of it!

9.  Nigel Farndale's The Blasphemer...An interesting read that spanned decades.  I really enjoyed this novel of redemption and self-discovery.

10.  Sapphire's Push...Whoa!  This book/memoir was a punch to the gut.  So heartbreaking and raw.  It's an emotional read but definitely worth it.

And there you have it, my top ten choices of 2011.  There are undoubtedly more that I could add to this list, but I was able to limit myself (though it took days to come up with a succinct list).  Happy holidays everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake