Bossy McBossypants

"...by the time i got to the interview I was sweating my roommate's BO out of the suit.  The stench of every drink and every cigarette she'd had the last time she wore it filled the high-end office in which I interviewed.  Between the suit, its booze cloud, and my thick virgin eyebrows, I was deemed unfit to answer phones in plain view.  I was turning out to be college educated and unemployable in even the most basic way" (69).

Oh man is Tina Fey a funny lady.  Bossypants, Fey's first autobiography, is quite hilarious.  I had been wanting to read this book for a while now and finally did over a week long Mexican vacation...the perfect place to get some much needed reading done along with some much needed sun on my pasty, white Oregon skin!

Bossypants explains the trials and tribulations of Fey's life.  From her childhood mishaps to certain mishaps in college, from her portrayals of Sarah Palin and other SNL episodes to the birth of her daughter.  The hilarity that Fey uses to write this memoir is laugh out loud funny and truly entertains.  Her outtake on life in general is one to be admired and embraced.  Don't take yourself too seriously.  Roll with the punches.  Laugh at life's intricacies and sore spots.  That's what makes it bearable!
I would definitely recommend this book for a few reasons.  It's refreshing to see a female comedienne who has been received with such openness, for one.  Another reason is that the writing is good.  It's not overly done.  It doesn't assume anything about its reader.  It's easy to sink into this book and finish it in a few hours.  Well done, Fey, well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake