F is for...Jonathan Safran Foer




Happy Monday, fellow A-Zers!  Welcome to week 2 of the A-Z Blogging Challenge.  Today's letter is F and I'm bringing you the following:  Jonathan Safran Foer.





Jonathan Safran Foer (1977-)
I first encountered Foer's work in college after watching the film based on his novel Everything is Illuminated.  Then I read the book and fell in love with it.  Who wouldn't love a female dog named Sammie Davis Junior Jr who continually masticates itself and has personality?  The characters are memorable and entertaining to boot.  I've continued to read his other works, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Eating Animals, but I have to say that Illuminated is by far my favorite.  Despite the success of the films based on his work, Foer has remained relatively unknown outside the literary circle.  I think he deserves to be well-known.

*Recommendation:  Everything is Illuminated, both the book and the movie

Who are some of your favorite F writers?

It's a short post today, dear readers, but it's also Monday...and Monday's are rough! 

Comments

  1. Thank you for the post - learned something new and I will definitely check out his work!
    Happy A to Z'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this author but will add him to my list of books to read. Thanks.

    Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing the A to Z Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake