S.L.C Week 1 Wrap-Up and L.B.R Kick-Off

The first week of the Summer Library Challenge, hosted by Kate and Kristen @ The Book Monsters, has wrapped up and I'm feeling pretty accomplished.  So far I have picked up a total of seven books between two libraries and finished three.  I have also discovered that the public library is doing its own reading challenge this month (sign-ups began on the 6th) for all age groups!  Prizes include gift certificates to local restaurants, coffeeshops, bookstores, etc.  Hot damn am I excited!

Anywho...here's the rundown of how the first week went for the Summer Library Challenge reading-wise:






Finished Reading
*The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
*The House of Special Purpose by John Boyne
*Changeless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate #2)

Currently Reading
*Blameless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate #3)

I feel like I'm doing pretty well considering I work full-time and have other obligations aside from my vast reading addiciton :)

Today is also the kick-off for the Library Books Read-a-Thon (June 9th-16th) hosted by Rachael @ Rachael Turns Pages.  I'm hoping to finish the book I'm currently reading and get through the last two in the series as well.  I'll also start the last book I have from the library and exchange all of the books I've checked out for new ones.  Needless to say it's going to be a summer of reading and I'm definitely not complaining!





There is still time to sign up for both challenges if you're interested.  Here's the info:
What are you currently reading?

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake