P is for...Pour Some Sugar and Push




Happy Saturday, fellow A-Zers!  Today I'm heading over to Oregon State University with my dad to watch the spring exhibition football game.  It's kind of our thing :)  This shall be an interesting year for the Beavs as we usher in a new coach and a new era.  Exciting things!  Today is also all about the letter P.



P is for "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Push"

"Pour Some Sugar on Me" - Def Leppard
 

Such a great karaoke song...and stripper song, I guess.  I love me some Def Leppard and have such respect for their drummer, Rick Allen.  How many one-armed drummers are there, really?  If you're looking for some good new wave British heavy metal from the 80s/90s, this is your band!

*Fun Fact:  "Pour Some Sugar on Me" was ranked #2 on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 80s in 2006.  In 1991, the song was ranked number 1 on MTV's Top Videos of All Time.  And AVN magazine ranked it the "#1 song used by strippers during their set" of all time.

"Push" - Matchbox Twenty
 

The first Matchbox Twenty song I heard solidified my love for them.  Seriously good track!  There evolution in sounds has only garnered them a larger fan base and multiple hit records.  Though not their first release, "Push" was their first legitimate hit.  Way to start out, gentlemen.

*Lyrics:  "She said I don't know if I've ever been good enough / I'm a little bit rusty, and I think my head is caving in / And I don't know if I've ever been really loved / By a hand that's touched me, well I feel like something's / Gonna give / And I'm a little bit angry, well"

What are some of your favorite P songs?

Blog on, fellow A-Zers!

Comments

  1. Ah...we're slight rivals. I'm actually a Boise State Bronco. :) Good song picks once more, though when I first read the title, I thought it said "Plush" instead of "Push". That also would have been a good choice. Love me some STP. :) Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are rivals! Uh oh ;) "Plush" is a great song! Shoot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake