Top Ten Tuesday: Inspiring Bookish Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form. The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
Today's topic is:  Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books.  I am a quote fanatic...even have a special notebook where I write my favorite quotes down.  Most of them are from books, so this is perfect!

Here are my favorite quotes:

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!  How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library." --Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


"The only thing worse than a boy who hates you:  a boy who loves you" --The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


"They thought to use and shame me but I win out by nature, because a true freak cannot be made.  A true freak must be born" --Geek Love by Katherine Dunn


"All penguins are the same below the surface, which I think is as perfect an analogy as we're likely to get for the futility of racism" --My Booky Wook by Russell Brand


"Sometimes heroism is nothing more than patience, curiosity, and a refusal to panic" --Peace like a River by Leif Enger


"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" --Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut


"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in.  Some of us just go one god further" --The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins


"The voice of the sea speaks to the soul" --The Awakening by Kate Chopin


"You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weights you down" --Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison


"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life" --Books and You by W. Somerset Maugham


"And the rest is rust and stardust" --Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov


I know that there are more than ten here, but I'm not removing any!  What are some of your favorite quotes?  What inspires you?  Makes you angry?  Makes you think?

Also, look for next week's top ten:  Top Ten ALL TIME favorite authors.  Yikes!!!

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake