U is for...Undone and U Got It




Happy Friday, A-Z participants.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very ready for the weekend.  I plan on reading and doing little else.  Yep.  But for now, let's talk about the letter U.



U is for "Undone: The Sweater Song" and "U Got It Bad"



"Undone: The Sweater Song" - Weezer
 

The first single off Weezer's self-title 1994 debut, the song was meant to be a sad one, but it wasn't taken that way by listeners.  Stylistically, it's a pretty basic song with very minor chord changes.  Because of it's simplicity, it's been covered by multiple people, including The Fray, The Offspring, Angels & Airwaves, and The Bloodhound Gang.  It's a catchy little tidbit.

*Lyrics:  "If you want to destroy my sweater / Hold this thread as I walk away (as I walk away) / Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked / Lying on the floor (lying on the floor) / I've come undone"

"U Got It Bad" - Usher
 

From Usher's third album, "U Got It Bad" is a freakin' gem.  It's smooth, sultry, and seductive.  I've always been a fan of Usher, but had never owned one of his albums...until this one.  It's a great collection.  Why can't Usher's new stuff be more like his old stuff?

*Lyrics:  "When you feel it in your body / You found somebody who makes you change your ways /
Like hanging with your crew / Said you act like you're ready / But you don't really know / And everything in your past - you wanna let it go"

What are some of you favorite U songs?  "U Can't Touch This" is a classic...

Blog on, fellow A-Zers!

Comments

  1. Not a huge Usher fan but I love Weezer. And I secret love U Can't Touch This!

    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U Can't Touch This is a dance track full of gold! Thanks for visiting SL :)

      Delete
  2. I know a fair few Weezer songs but not this one, it was fun. How about Under the Bridge by the Chili Peppers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I love introducing people to new tunes :) And you can't go wrong with a Chili Peppers track.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake