Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday:  Furiously Happy:  A Funny Book About Horrible Things
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn @ A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules: grab whatever you're reading, open to a random page, select no more than two sentence (NO SPOILERS), share the title and author, and GO!

Here's today's teaser:
"That's the moment when I realized how incredibly lucky I am to have spent eighteen years with a man who can laugh at bad gun-control jokes while a severed bear head is lying on his pillow" --page 76
          Furiously Happy:  A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson

I have been eagerly anticipating Lawson's second book since she announced it was in the works and I have not been disappointed!  And I'm super stoked that she doing a book tour and actually coming to Powell's in Portland.  Yeah, buddy!  If you've never heard of Jenny Lawson, I highly recommend her blog, The Bloggess, and her first book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened:  A Mostly True Memoir.

Happy reading!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a story with quirky characters. I like that.
    My Tuesday post features In His Arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quirky, for sure. But they aren't characters. The book is a biography. Thanks for visiting, Sandra!

      Delete
  2. Haha I can't even imagine what this book is about (beyond horrible things of course!). What genre is it?

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proxy, it's actually a biography. Her first book was about shenanigans growing up in Texas. This one is about her mental health issues and how she deals. Horrible and hilarious all at once.

      Delete
  3. I laughed and almost spit tea on my computer! LOL This is going on my Christmas Wish List. Too fun to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went over and followed her blog. I have the first book on my wish list. I'm thinking both books will be good Christmas gifts to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her blog. It's random and inspiring and all the things you want rolled in to one. And I wholly agree that the books would make excellent Christmas gifts to yourself :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake