Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Ten Books On My Fall TBR.  Since I'm continually adding to my (daunting) TBR and I never really map out what I'll be reading, this will be an evolving/changeable list of ones I'd like to get read in the very near future and will include both published and soon-to-be published options :)

In no particular order:

Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich (Publication: November 21)
While I'm getting a little weary of Stephanie Plum's antics, I can't abandon this series...

Year One by Nora Roberts (Publication: December 5)
I know...I know.  Every single book is the same formula, but when you want something mindless, easy, and quick, Nora is your girl!

Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Publication: November 7)
I just love Marissa Meyer and have read everything she's put out so far.  This new series sounds very intriguing...and it's super helpful that I won a copy through a Goodreads Giveaway!

Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin (Published August 22)
I absolutely adore Zevin's previous works, especially the Birthright series, and this one sounds pretty good.

The Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H Wilson (Published August 1)
This book just sounds interesting, adventurous, and intriguing.  It includes time-travel and history and androids and has gotten some pretty stellar reviews!

Love and Other Consolation Prizes by Jamie Ford (Published September 12)
A heart-wrenching story of the meaning of family and freedom.  It sounds so beautiful and the reviews lend credence to that assessment.

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay (Published June 13)
Brutal and timely and oh so important.

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman (Published January 2015)
Anything involving libraries is always on my radar and this one sounds like a good time!  Spies, alternate/multiple realities/thievery/supernatural beings?  Sign me up!

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (Published October 2013)
It was THE book to read in 2013 and there are so many great reviews.  It's been described as Dickensian...and, let's face it, I like me some Dickens!

Inkspell AND Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
I don't know why I haven't finished this series.  I absolutely loved the first book and have had the second two for a few years.  It's time to dive back in to Meggie's story and find out what happens!

I know I'm a few days late, but I had partially drafted this and then Tuesday AND Wednesday came and went...and were both busy busy busy.  But I did it anyway (and may have slipped in an eleventh choice...)

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Books That Feature a Specific Type of Characters...verdict's still out on what the "specific type" will be :)

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake