Subtraction

Long fingers wrap around my hand as we enter the tunnel of candy-apple red walls
Your crystal-clear blue eyes smile at me with the innocence of youth
A single red rose, an 'I love you' on the phone and then 4 years pass.
We walked next to each other draped in the same eye-popping red that warm June
Ironic how that worked out
You smiled at me again with those familiar clear blue eyes
I turned right, you turned left and then another five years...maybe more.
Your eyes are haunted now
They're still blue, but they no longer sparkle with the innocent youth they once did.
Can we go back?
Back to those days in red halls and warm, star-filled nights?
Back to youth?
It was all so easy then...


Comments

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake