Top Ten Tuesday: Throwback To The Beginning

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Throwback Freebie!  Because this is such a wide topic, I'm going to go with ten books I loved when I first started blogging (between 2006-2010).  My early blogging days were very sporadic...and so was my reading and recording of that reading.  That's all gotten better over the years...kind of.  Thank you, Goodreads and blogging communities!  Regardless, here are my top ten books from that time period:

2006
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E Frankl

2007

2008

2009
Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian

2010
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Midwives by Chris Bohjalian

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

Clearly 2007-2008 was not a great reading year for me; I blame grad school.  2009 wasn't much better, but I had A LOT of 4 star reads that year...and I was working a TON.  What are some of your favorite reads from before 2010?

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Books On My Fall TBR

Happy reading :)

Comments

  1. Wow you've been blogging since 2006? That's amazing!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/top-ten-tuesday-124/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, shucks! Trust me, there were LARGE swaths of non-blogging during that time. This last year, for instance ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. On the Road - Jack Kerouac
    City of Night - John Rechy
    Mother Night - Kurt Vonnegut
    B. Monkey - Andrew Davies
    The Long Goodbye - Raymond Chandler
    The Collector - John Fowles
    Mongo: Adventures in Trash - Ted Botha
    An Equal Music - Vikram Seth
    The Long Walk - Richard Bachman (Stephen King)

    I think that's enough. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo...new reads! I've only read two on your list. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake