Teaser Tuesday...PS, I Love You

I always swore that I would never, Never, NEVER read Cecilia Ahern's novel PS, I Love You.  Why so adamant, you might ask.  Well, let me tell you in two simple words:  Hilary Swank.  I haven't picked this book up because of the movie (which I've yet to see) because I can't stand Hilary Swank for some odd reason.  It's strange.  I don't mind her in Freedom Writers or even in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the original), but for some inexplicable reason there is something about her that grates on my nerves.  It's the same way my friend Margaret feels about Julia Roberts, whom I like a lot.  And another aspect of the film that grates...she's NOT American!!!  Ugh.  Screw you, Hollywood!

Anyway...while wandering through a bookstore in Portland, I came across a copy of PS that was not a movie promotion copy (I prefer the non-movie cover ones) and it was only two dollars.  And, being me, I caved and bought the damn thing.  I've loved everything by Cecilia Ahern, with the exception of The Book of Tomorrow (more on that later).  Why should this be any different...honestly?  So I've started it, am liking it (damn), and here's a teaser:

"Holly paused as she entered the door and took a deep breath.  She loved airports.  She loved the smell, she loved the noise, and she loved the whole atmosphere as people walked around happily tugging their luggage, looking forward to going on their holidays or heading back home.  She loved to see people arriving and being greeted with a big cheer by their families and she loved to watch them giving each other emotional hugs.  It was a perfect place for people-spotting.  The airport always gave her a feeling of anticipation in the pit of her stomach as though she were about to do something special and amazing" (224-225).

I know it's a rather long teaser, but I love it because it sums up exactly how I feel about airports.  The adventure they present.  The transitory nature of them.  It's fantastic!  Well done, Ms. Ahern, well done :)  Happy Tuesday everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake