Top Ten Tuesday: Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form. The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Fictional or Real Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit.  I love a good setting when reading and the following worlds/places are ones that I would love to visit:

Hogwarts...Hogwarts, Hoggy, Hoggy, Hogwarts!  Who the heck wouldn't want to go to the best wizarding school in the world?  I'm impatiently awaiting my letter!

Narnia.  I wish I had a wardrobe with a magical entrance to another realm.  It would be so...magical! 

Dublin through the eyes of Leopold Bloom :)  While I've been to Dublin a couple times, I think it would be fascinating to visit on Bloomsday and explore the city like Joyce's character.  And the Bloomsday Festival in general would be pretty awesome.

Wildwood would be an interesting otherworld to visit as well.  Meloy's imagination has talking animals and interspecies wars.  Kind of cool.

King's Landing...but only on peaceful days and only if I didn't live in Flea Bottom and only...only...only.  So many stipulations.  Basically, I want to be in a protective bubble, maybe invisible, so I don't get slaughtered by the masses.

Emerald City and all it has in it.  Baum is an imaginative genius!

Neverland because I never want to grow up!

The Shire...pretty self-explanatory to me :)

Avonlea because I want to live at Green Gables and Anne "with an E" Shirley should be my best friend!  I suppose Gilbert and Diana can come along as well. 

Camp Halfblood because I want to have mock battles with demi-gods and because it looks like so much fun!

So...most of mine ended up being fictional aside from Dublin.  My dreams may never come true! 

What fictional or real place would you like to visit?

Look for next week's topic:  New Series I Want to Start

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake