Beyond the Books: Worst Movies


This week's topic:  The Worst Movies I Have Ever Seen

Oh man, oh man!  I love movies.  Like, love them!  But, boy, have I seen some doozies!  Here are a few that rank among the absolute worst I've seen:

Maybe I would appreciate this film more now, but when I first saw it as a child I hated it...with a passion.  Parts of it scared me.  Parts of it were so freakin' boring.  I didn't like it one bit.  Because of these reasons I have yet to bring myself to watch it again.

I don't know why I hate this movie, but I do.  Maybe it's Andie MacDowell...or John Travolta in this particular role...

I like Jack Black.  I dislike Gwyneth Paltrow.  Plus, this movie is so offensive on so many levels that I just can't take it.  Bad movie!

A lot of people love this movie and, while it has some great scenes (peanut butter), it's overall pretty bad.  It's awful that I find the bus scene hilarious. 

Hands down, the worst Adam Sandler movie; and there have been some bad ones.  This one is just ridiculous and so outrageous.  Please, if you haven't seen it, don't waste your time.  If you've already seen it, I'm sorry!

I hate this movie.  I can't exactly pinpoint the reason why this particular film is so bad, but it grates on my last nerve.  Maybe it's because it's a remake of a German film called Wings of Desire and that film is brilliant.  I don't know.
 
Badly done, Hollywood!  You took a quickly-paced, thrilling book with a STRONG female character and turned it into a Tom Hanks-hero movie.  No!  And I like Tom Hanks!  Boo!!

So...what are some of the worst movies you've ever seen?

Beyond the Books is a weekly event hosted by Karen at Kissin Blue Karen.  Feel free to join in!  

Comments

  1. I totally agree on most of these. I didn't mind Michael, but I kept waiting for it to get better and it was just meh. I absolutely HATED City of Angels and I think someone was on LSD when they madecFantasia, or you have to be on LSD to understand it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed in regards to Michael. Thanks for visiting, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  2. I agree with everything on your list, except Shallow Hal. I thought it was funny, but I admit it was crude humor. Great list!
    Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny, but overall I didn't enjoy it very much. I think JB has made smarter movies across the board. I think the main thing that bothers me about it is GP. She grates on my nerves...

      Delete
  3. I never did see Shallow Hal, but the entire premise was a big turno ff to me. Movies like that aren't funny at all to me. I didn't hate City of Angels, but I didn't especially care for it. Great soundtrack though. I wouldn't have thought of Fantasia, but it wasn't one I enjoyed either.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, CofA has a pretty stellar soundtrack! I think a lot of the songs got old quickly because they were way overplayed, but looking back it's a strong album for sure. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. This is a great list and I'll have to agree with you on most of these. Fantasia is boring and I'm not a John Travolta fan. I hated how City of Angels ended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on all of the above...aside from not being a John Travolta fan. I don't necessarily dislike him. Thanks for visiting, Kathy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake