B.O.B 16 Progress: Day 5, 6, 7 (Final Update)

Bout of Books 16

To keep track of my progress for the challenge, I will be updating this post listing what I'm reading, what I've finished (if anything), pages read, challenges completed, and thoughts on how the event is going for the week.  Here we go!

Day 7 Progress
Current Read:  Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
Pages Read: 176
Total Pages Read:  605
Books Finished:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of Your Fist and Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  None..whomp whomp
Thoughts:  I took it super easy on the last day of the challenge and didn't really check in on any social media.  Instead, I stayed in my pajamas and read to my heart's content, watched TV, and drank coffee.  I finally finished my second book of the challenge and dove into my third. 

Day 6 Progress
Current Read:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of Your Fist by Sunil Yapa
Pages Read:  88
Total Pages Read:  429
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  Not a single one...
Thoughts:  I had to work on Saturday, so there wasn't a lot of down-time for reading and participating in challenges.  I did get a decent chunk read (despite having to work), but my evening was spent drinking too much beer and subsequently going to bed a 9pm.  Oye...

Day 5 Progress
Current Read:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of Your Fist by Sunil Yapa
Pages Read:  54
Total Pages Read:  341
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  #freakyboutofbooks Photo Challenge...Twitter and Instagram :)
Thoughts:  Not a super successful reading day, but it was a fun one!  I liked this photo challenge.

Day 4 Progress
Current Read:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
Pages Read:  54
Total Pages Read:  287
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  None.  I had every intention of doing the "If you like this, then try this..." challenge, but time just got away from me.  Whomp whomp...
Thoughts:  A little more successful reading day, but still not too stellar.  I spent the majority of my evening cutting directions and registry crap for our wedding invitations...it's never-ending!  My weekend reading should be pretty good...for the most part.  I do have to work tomorrow for part of the day, but will be able to get quite a bit of reading in this weekend.  Woohoo!  Here's to a better day five :)

Day 3 Progress
Current Read:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
Pages Read:  19
Total Pages Read:  233
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  Five Favorites
Thoughts:  Day three was a less successful reading day for me.  I got a few pages in here and there throughout the day, but nothing substantial.  In the evening, the fiancé and I took advantage of the glorious weather and headed downtown to have a couple drinks and play some outdoor yard games at one of our local bars.  Once we made it home (close to 9pm) we caught the last half of the Blazers v. Warriors game and rooted for our beloved Rip City until the bitter end; such an accomplishment for our team considering they lost four starters after last season and weren't even slated to make it to the post-season this year.  I didn't even read when I went to bed!  Tomorrow will be better :)

Day 2 Progress
Current Read:  Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
Pages Read:  64
Total Pages Read:  214
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  #shelfie4boutofbooks...again, check out Twitter for that
Thoughts:  While not nearly as successful as day 1, day 2 wasn't disappointing.  I moved on to a book that is a little more mentally challenging that yesterday's and I was distracted in the evening with wedding stuff...ribbon...so much ribbon...and going to the library to pick up more books!  Haha.

Day 1 Progress
Current Read:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien
Pages Read:  150
Books Finished:  Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Challenges:  Introduce Yourself #insixwords...not really a blog post about this, so pop over to Twitter :)
Thoughts:  I feel really confident about this round of Bout of Books and Day 1 went pretty well.  I am confident that I will have better "pages read" days in the next week and am excited about really diving in to me selections! 

Happy reading, fellow Bout of Bookers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake