B.O.B 16

Bout of Books 16
I'm very late to the game this year, April and the beginning of May have not been the kindest to me, but I'm totally going to do this round of Bout of Books.  I need this round...badly!  Consider this my sign up post :)

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Book is low-pressure.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
 
What I hope to accomplish for the challenge:
  1. Finish The Walking Dead, Compendium 3 by Robert Kirkman.  I'm about 100 pages in as of now (5/4)...there are nearly 1100 pages.  It is a graphic novel, so there is always the chance that I will totally have this done before the challenge begins on Monday because it's super quick reading.  If that's the case, see number 2.
  2. Read Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of your Fist by Sunil Yapa.  It's been sitting on my coffee table for about two weeks while I've been plowing through some public library books that have actual return dates.  I might start it before the challenge, but I doubt I'll have it done by Monday.
  3. Work on completing books for a Bingo reading challenge that my officemates and I do every two-three months.  I'm not doing very well for this round, so I'd like to get some bingos in there soon.
  4. Participate in the daily challenges.  The topics look super fun this go-around and this will force me to do better than I did during the last challenge.
  5. Participate in Twitter parties!
  6. Most importantly...HAVE FUN!  And relax.  Get away from life for a bit.  You know, the usual ;)
On the Radar (always subject to change) 
There is still time to sign up for this awesome, low-key challenge if you're interested.  Simply head over to the sign up page to declare your intent to particpateand add your name! 
 
Happy Reading!

Comments

  1. Looks like a fun challenge! I may have to add this one to my calendar and take a look at what's happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun, low-pressure challenge and I highly recommend it! Thanks for stopping by to comment, Amy :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake