Teaser Tuesday...A Thousand Splendid Suns

I borrowed Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns over a year ago from a dear friend and am finally getting around to reading (it was in storage for about a year due to a house fire...yeah).  I've yet to read The Kite Runner, or see the movie, but it's on my list; my ever growing list.  Regardless, so far I'm loving this book...here's a teaser:

"Maybe it was senseless to want to be near a person so badly here in a country where bullets had shredded her own brothers to pieces.  But all Laila had to do was picture Tariq going at Khadim with his leg and then nothing in the world seemed more sensible to her" (153).

Definitely worth the read...

Comments

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake