Bout of Books 10

I had never heard of the Bout of Books reading challenge until a friend and fellow blogger, Lori over at Palmer's Page Turners, posted about it on her blog.  It looks like a fun challenge (very loose rules), so I figured I'd give it a go!  Plus, it's not as intense as the Dewey 24-hour Read-a-thon. 

Here's the official blurb/guidelines for the challenge:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. --From the Bout of Books team
I haven't determined exactly how I'm going to approach this challenge; I'm currently in the middle of two lenghtly books, so I might set those aside and choose a few books that are quicker reads.  I don't know.  Regardless, it should be a fun event and it will force me to set aside a few hours to read every day.  I like that idea.  Once I figure out what my goals and books for the week are I will post them up.

If you'd like to join the challenge, here's the sign up link!

Happy Reading :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake