A Plethora of Blogging Awards

Recently, I've received a number of blogging awards (despite my pseudo-lack of blogging consistently on topics that are not pre-planned and really easy to construct).  However, I want to thank Lori @ Palmer's Page Turners for the nominations.  Here's the lowdown:

The Very Inspiring Blogger
Rules
  • Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
  • List the rules and display the award.
  • Share seven facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
  • Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Random facts will be combined with the Versatile Blogger Award below.
 
The Versatile Blogger
Rules
  • Nominate 10-15 other bloggers relatively new to blogging
  •  Let the bloggers know that you've nominated them.
  •  Share 10 random facts about yourself.
  •  Thank the blogger who nominated you either by leaving a comment or following them and link back to their blog.
  • Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
Random Facts
  • I'm obsessed with Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos.  They're so freakin' delicious...but so bad for you! Ugh...
  • I can watch reruns of Friends over and over and over again.
  • Ghosts are real.  True story.
  • When I was in the second grade I was in a local commercial for a place called The Costume Loft.  I was dressed as a Medieval princess, complete with cone hat...though I really wanted to be the Sugar Plum Fairy because the dress was pretty and so poofy...my cousin got that costume :(
  • I really dislike re-reading books because I feel like it takes time away from my goal of reading the "1001 Books to Read Before You Die" and all other books that are out there!  *Panics*
  • I feel like I am a really good driver, but distrust nearly everyone else on the road...
  • If I could mainline coffee, I think I would...
  • I will read just about anything that's put in front of my face.  Even if it's bad I stick it out because I have hope that it will somehow get better...maybe...
  • I love the rain and am really, really, really upset that we have had a very, very dry season here in Oregon.  My skin is dry...my nails are brittle...I feel under-moisturized no matter how much lotion I put on!  I mean, it's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend and that just doesn't happen!  (Sorry to all my Mid-west and Northeast friends/readers)
  • I have a goal to visit every continent before I die.  I've conquered three so far:  North America, Europe, and Asia (pathetic!)
 
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers

 
Rules
  • Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
  • Post the award's logo onto your blog.
  • Answer the 10 questions you've been asked.
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
Answers are combined with the Liebster Award below.

The Liebster Award

Rules
  • Award to bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • Ask 11 new questions to those I nominate
1. What is your favorite book you've read so far in 2015?

2. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
Definitely physical books.  While I do enjoy my e-reader, I really like an actual book in my hands.  It's comforting and all about the sensory aspects.
3.  Describe your ideal reading spot.
Anywhere that I'm comfortable.  Though I can't read in a car or on a bus, I really enjoy reading on trains and airplanes.  Weird.  Other than that, my comfy couch or a coffee shop!
4. Adults reading YA: OK or Not OK?
Totally ok!  Read what you want and don't be ashamed.  If you want to read some YA, read some damn YA.  If you want to read smut, read some smut.  If you want to read the toothpaste packaging, by all means, read the toothpaste packaging!
5. Book you're most excited to read in 2015? (It doesn't have to be a new release)


By Marissa Meyer

6. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
Lending books and not receiving them back in the same condition in which they were lent.  This has happened so many times that I have now taken on the position of not lending books to people unless I know exactly how they treat books.
7. Do you let others borrow your books? Why or why not?
See the above answer...
8. What time of day do you prefer to read?
All day everyday!  I really enjoy reading in the evening because it relaxes me.
9. What book would you recommend to a non-reader to get them excited about reading?
Harry Potter...duh!  But seriously, their easy to read, they are packed full of entertainment, and they're just plain awesome.  Though the actual length would definitely be intimidating.
10. What else do you enjoy doing in addition to reading?
I'm kind of a music fanatic, so anything to do with live shows is something I enjoy immensely.  I also enjoy movies and going to the beach...that's my happy place.  Wandering through antique shops...scrapbooking...knitting.  I think I'm an old lady stuck in a not-so-old lady body...
11. What is your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
The community and discovering new books/authors.


Eleven Questions (should you choose to participate)
  • What is the best book you've read this year (2015)?
  • What do you enjoy doing, other than reading of course?
  • What made you start blogging?
  • If you could have tea/coffee with any writer, who would it be and why?
  • What is your favorite genre and why?
  • How do you choose which books to read next/add to your TBR list?
  • What is your favorite fictional world?
  • Have you ever gone somewhere simply because of a book?  Where?
  • What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
  • Is there a genre you refuse to read?  Why?
  • What is your favorite book you read as a child/teenager?
This was a lot of fun to put together and I feel that anyone who reads my blog (all two of you) should be recipients of these awards...so, have at it! 

Happy reading!

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake