C is for...Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach

Join me for the month of April as I participate in the A-Z Blogging Challenge and share some (I couldn't share all) of my favorite noshing joints in western Oregon.  Hopefully you'll leave the blog a little hungrier than when you arrived...or at least with a new culinary destination on your travel list!
 
Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach

Mmmm...I love a good bowl of chowder.  Or any seafood, really.  But there is something so satisfying about soup and the Chowder Bowl's chowder is pretty stellar.  I mean, they named the restaurant after it!  Of course they offer other fares, but you should go for the chowder and the garlic onion cheese toast.  Drool!
Located at Historic Nye Beach in Newport, Oregon, the Chowder Bowl is an institution.  They've been open and operating from the same location since 1980 and there is always a wait to get a table.  While you're waiting, feel free to wander 100 yards down the street to the beach or explore some of the other great places in this little area of town :)

Recommendations:  The Chowder (obviously!) and, if you're feeling ambitious, get it in a fresh baked cannonball sourdough bread bowl. 

Check out the menu here.

What are some of your favorite C eating establishments?

Come back tomorrow for the next installation in the A-Z Blogging Challenge and my jaunt through the culinary delights of western Oregon!

Comments

  1. That sounds yummy. When I was a tourist in the States (a scary number of years ago) I didn't make it to Oregon, but after this month I'll know where to go when I do =)

    Returning your A-Z visit from www.ajblythe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There is a great food scene happening throughout the state. Thanks for visiting, AJ!

      Delete
  2. I love soup and this chowder sounds delicious! Thanks for making me hungry :-) Have fun with A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ;) I'm also a huge fan of soups and the chowder can't be beat! Thanks for visiting, Jenny!

      Delete
  3. That chowder sounds amazing. Boulder is full of great restaurants but the only one I can think of that starts with C is Cheesecake Factory. That is NOT representative of the excellent food here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...I'll be honest, I've NEVER been to Cheesecake Factory! There is one about an hour north of where I live and I've driven by it multiple times, but never found the urge to pop in. I've heard the menu is extensive and that intimidates/overwhelms me because it makes it so hard to pick an option and then you make a split second decision under pressure and it all goes wrong! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake