Teaser Tuesday...Love's Got a Back Story

It's Tuesday...and that means it's teaser time.  This week's excerpt comes from Nicole Krauss' The History of Love.  This book was the one I received to distribute as a book giver for World Book Night US, a great organization to promote literacy and a love of reading.  I thought it sounded like a wonderful story, so I picked up a copy for myself.

"The moment had passed, the door between the lives we could have led and the lives we led had shut in our faces.  Or better to say, in my face.  Grammar of my life:  as a rule of thumb, wherever there appears to be a plural, correct for singular.  Should I ever let slip a royal We, put me out of my misery with a swift blow to the head" (86).
This book sounds promising and I'm looking forward to reading it.  Hopefully it will be the light at the end of an otherwise dark and incredibly sad week...

Comments

  1. it sounds like a good read--i am sorry you are having a sad week

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound promising. I like the cover for some reason that I can't explain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake