Awards and Random Creativity
Thanks to Nick from Scattergun Scribblings for this Kreativ Blogger Award (my first blogging award)! I encourage everyone to check out his blog.
And now for the rules to the Kreativ Blogger:
1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award.
2. Answer the ten questions below.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
It's that simple! So...here goes...
What is your favorite song?--It's incredibly difficult for me to choose one specific favorite song because I have such an eclectic taste in music (seriously). But if I had to choose one (and someone was holding a gun to my head), I would probably choose...um...ugh...sigh..."The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" by Brand New...or..."Who's Cryin' Now" by Journey. See, I can't even choose one with a gun pointed at me! Pathetic.
What is your favorite dessert?--Mmmmm dessert! I love love love love love pumpkin pie and cheesecake. So, when you put them together, what do you get? Pumpkin Cheesecake! The greatest invention on the planet. If you've never had pumpkin cheesecake, I highly recommend getting a slice...or an entire pie. Yeah, it's that good. Yum.
What ticks you off?--People who don't close doors or cupboards or closets. When people don't put the caps back on shampoo/conditioner bottles or toothpaste. When the lid to the toilet is left up (not the seat...the lid). Bad drivers. Inconsiderate people. I'm going to stop now :)
When you're upset what do you do?
--I read or listen to music or drink coffee. Ideally, I go to a coffee shop and get a coffee while listening to some music and reading.
Which is/was your favorite pet?
--My favorite pet was definitely my cat, Callie. She was a beautiful calico (not a tortouise calico) and was nuts. She liked to lay in the bathtub after someone took a shower. She liked to lick lotion off your legs. She had crazy eyes at night and would tear through the house like her tail was on fire. She was a great cat.
Which do you prefer to wear, black or white?
--Black, hands down. I tend to wear it all the time.
What is your biggest fear?
--Losing family members too soon. My dearest and longest friendship (going on 20 years so far) just lost her dad at the end of April. It was unexpected and it's been really rough.
What is your attitude mostly?
--Done. I am ready for the week to be over and I'm ready to go home for the day. Luckily it pretty much is and I can :)
What is perfection?
--A warm gun. No, wait. That's happiness. Perfection is being with family and friends, laughter, good food, good drinks, exploration, travel, books, and an amazing cup of coffee!
What is your guilty pleasure?
--Romance novels. They're predicatable and they're always going to end happily. Sometimes you need something like that. I also have an irrational love for shoes.
And now on to ten random things...hmm...
1. I am convinced that ghosts exist. Aliens, too, for that matter. I've never been abducted by aliens (that I know of) and I've never actually seen a ghost, but that doesn't mean they're not there!!!
2. Clowns are the most terrifying thing in the world. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, smiles all the time like that. Plus, have you ever seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space? Well, I have and I was way too young. Fear instilled.
3. I have every intention of exercising regularly, but I rarely capitalize on it.
4. When I was eleven and going into the sixth grade, I decided to shave the bottom half of my head. Haha. Yeah, I had long hair on the top half and a buzz cut underneath (about 4 inches all the way around). I thought I was so cool. Also, I think I wore shorts every single day that year. I live in Oregon. It rains a lot. It's cold 8-10 months out of the year. How I didn't die of hypothermia is beyond me.
5. I dislike large dogs, but if I ever got a dog it would be a large one. Explain that!
6. I still listen to and love New Kids on the Block. I cherished my NKOTB sheets and lunch box when I was younger. They were uh-mazing :)
7. I love the rain. The smell. The taste. The feel. The sound. Everything about it. I would prefer it to be raining than sunny.
8. If I could afford to be a student for the rest of my life, I would go back to college in a heartbeat. I love that atmosphere and, honestly, I really enjoy writing research papers. I'm strange like that.
9. I had every intention of starting a neighborhood library in my playroom when I was younger. I was convinced that the kids in my neighborhood (mainly boys, mind you) would love to read my Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High collections.
10. I used to play school with my sister when we were kids (I'm two years older) and make her do the same things I was doing for my grade level. I think that's why she did so well in school. You're welcome, Sarah!
And now I will pass this award on to:
3. Daft Lass
6. Pish Posh
Have a lovely weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!