Why I Love...Trans-Sister Radio

It's that time of the week again when I go on and on about why I love something.  This week's post is about my favorite book read during 2011.  Now I could definitely dedicate this entire post to The Hunger Games because I absolutely loved that trilogy...a lot, but I think that I am going to go for something off the beaten path.  Because of that, my favorite book read in 2011 was Chris Bohjalian's Trans-Sister Radio.  This book was so amazing, heart-wrenching, and provocative.   

I posted a review of this book when I read it in March and have continued to think about it since then.  Bohjalian's gentle dealings with gender ideals and identity are handled so beautifully in this book that they, at times, leave the reader a little speechless.  The story-telling by each of the characters lends a gorgeous layering to the novel.  I honestly couldn't recommend this book more...or anything by Bohjalian for that matter.


Runners Up
~Kathryn Stockett's The Help
~Julia Glass' Three Junes (my original choice for this post but, after contemplation, is definitely a runner up)

Comments

  1. This book sounds really interesting. And I agree about The Help. It was on my favorite book list too along with Twenties Girl. Here is my post. http://www.mochagirlsread.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting, I promise. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds really interesting. I must admit that I have a difficult time with covers that have feet on them. I don't know why. I guess it is just my weird thing. Maybe I'll get it on the ereader so I don't have to worry about it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake