Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form. The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's theme is:  Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read.  Now, if you are a friend on Goodreads, you know that I have nearly 2500 books on my To-Read pile, and it keeps growing.  This is completely unrealistic and kind of ridiculous.  But I think I'm a To-Read junkie.  Hi, my name is Melissa and I have a problem...

Here are my choices:

Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller.  I read Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance and really enjoyed it, but I'm just not sure I care enough to read this one...

The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell.  I love her fiction works.

Little Nuggets of Wisdom: Big Advice from the Small Star of Chelsea Lately by Chuy Bravo.  Not high on my list.

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer.  I love his other stuff, but this one just seems like a mash-up of previous writings.

Humor Me: An Anthology of Funny Contemporary Writing by Ian Frazier.  Meh...

Read, Remember, Recommend by Rachelle Rogers Knight.  I feel like Goodreads does a lot of this for me.

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  I know there's been a lot of hype about this book, but I don't know if I'm feeling it.  Sad thing...I own it! 

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.  It's never sounded that appealing, but I felt compelled to add it to my TBR.

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.  Seen the movie...interesting.  I feel like I should read this since it's representative of Edinburgh's seedy drug scene and I love Edinburgh. 

Nickled and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich.  I love Ehrenreich's writing, but I've never been super sold on this book despite its popularity.  I also own this one.  Sigh...

Ultimately, I think I need to clean up my TBR list...weed out the ones I'm no longer excited about.  Maybe be a little more selective on what I include from now on.  Who knows.  Are there any here that you think I should read?

Also, look for next week's post:  Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me That I MUST Read

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake