Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts

Here's what I'm thinking about today:

In May, a dear friend and I had tickets to Lady Gaga's concert up in Seattle.  That's about a 5 hour trip (depending on traffic) for us.  It was on a Tuesday, so we both took time off work and made the trek up I-5.  Upon arriving, we hit up the Taphouse Grill for some pre-concert libations and appetizers.  Right before ordering, my friend gets an email from the venue saying that the concert had been canceled.  WHAT?!?  Needless to say we were incredibly disappointed and were at a loss as to what to do.  Do we drive home?  Do we find something else to do in the city?  Do we make hotel reservations instead of staying at one of her friend's houses if we stay out late?  Decisions, decisions!  After scouring a few "Things to Do in Seattle" websites, we decided to check the Mariners website to see if they were playing.  Lo and behold...VICTORY!  We had about 45 minutes until the game started, so we popped over to book a hotel room, where we received complimentary drink vouchers for a local bar (score!), and then headed down to SafeCo.  Our luck was picking up for sure.  We got front row parking (because the attendant was the nicest older man) and then got seats in the King's Court section, where we got free Felix Hernandez t-shirts and banners.  Nice!  It was my first pro baseball game and we won.  Yeah, buddy!  The night was capped off with post-game drinks.

So...where am I going with this?  Right here: 

Tomorrow is the Gaga make-up concert in Seattle.  Again, we're taking time off work and driving up.  We've already booked our hotel (selections were very limited and we spent way more than we wanted to) and are super excited...perhaps moreso this time. 

Then...I got this message from my friend this morning: 



Clicked on the link and saw this:
And then I read the article...

She performed in Denver last night and, afterward, got altitude sickness.  Sucky!  But, according to the article, the Seattle show is to go on as planned.  Hot damn I'm excited!!!!!  Until Friday, Gaga!!!!!

There's other stuff I'm excited about, but I'll post on that next week :)

Happy reading!

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous. Feel free to join in on the conversation :)

Comments

  1. I saw Gaga perform in Chicago during the Monster Ball tour and it was amazing! I can't wait to hear how awesome it was! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her Monster Ball tour as well...phenomenal! This was amazing too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake