Why I Love...Book Boyfriends

How fitting that I was rockin' to the smooth grooves of SWV and "Weak in the Knees" this morning and then saw this week's topic for "Why I Love" Wednesday:  Book Boyfriends.  While I've read hundreds of books, literally, there are very few male characters that are swoon-worthy.  Despite that, I can name a few, so here goes:

As cliche as it may seem, I developed an unnatural book crush on Edward Cullen.  Damn you Stephanie Meyer for creating a character that is completely enchanting and demented.  Despite the creep factor that Edward has, there is something magnetic about him.  He's intense, dangerous, and calculated.  I don't know why, but that's kind of appealing.

I think that my most enduring book boyfriend would have to be Mr. Darcy.  Though he's "married" to Elizabeth, he will forever be one of the most charming, infuriating, and wonderful male characters in my mind.  Not to mention the fact that he has some of the best lines:  "you've bewitched me, body and soul"...um, yes please!  Darcy has been, and will always be, the male lead that everyone is compared to in my world.  He's a gem.

Though I don't normally get super attached or attracted to male leads in books, or go so far as to refer to them as my "boyfriend", there are always those few characters who somehow stick with you and make you wish they really did exist...or at least portions of them existed (I wouldn't really want to come up against a vampire...regardless of how sexy he is).  Because of that, the above two are probably the closest any character has come.  However, I don't really think either of them would make great boyfriend material...you've got an extremely jealous, overprotective, withdrawn guy or one who is kind of emotionally stunted and judgmental.  Hm...maybe I'll go with Peeta from The Hunger Games or Neville from Harry Potter.  At least those two are kind, nearly always have good intentions, and aren't afraid to voice their opinions or views.  Gah.
 

Comments

  1. First, I absolutely LOVE that song!! I can't remember the first time I heard it, but it is one of the few songs that I can burst into song at almost anytime.

    And I agree. I don't usually have book boyfriends because I don't get overly attached to the men in books.

    I love how you said "...despite the creep factor." I laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake