Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts

I've been kind of MIA for the past week and a half, so there are many things to touch on today!  And, looking at my postings for August, wow...sad business.  Regardless, here goes:

1.  In my last Booking Thoughts posting, I talked about going to see Lady Gaga in Seattle (the rescheduled tour) on the 8th.  Hot Damn!  I freakin' love her.  Needless to say, the concert was amazing and the people watching was so awesome.  To have the confidence to where what some people do is astounding to me.  Props...serious props.

2.  On August 17th, I surprised my boyfriend with tickets to see a few of his favorite bands at the Cuthbert Amphitheater down in Eugene.  On the bill:  Stick Figure, The Green, Iration, and Rebelution.  All reggae bands.  There was dancing, singing, and whatnot.  Such a fun experience.
A quick shot of The Green
2.  On August 18th, we headed over to watch a Volcanoes baseball game in Keizer.  We had received tickets while attending a free concert in the park in the town where we live and chose to take advantage of that.  While the tickets were for a game designated "Kids Night", we still had a blast and the Volcanoes won!  Woohoo. 

4.  On August 24th, I hit up another concert at the Edgefield Amphitheater in Troutdale, near Portland, and caught David Gray with some friends.  If you like more smooth, easy listening tunes, then he's your man.  Such an awesome sound and chill atmosphere.  The venue does leave something to be desired though...not nearly as awesome as the Cuthbert in Eugene.
David Gray and his smooth self
5.  From August 26th-29th, I was at a work retreat helping to train our new campus tour guides for the university where I work.  It was a busy, fully-packed four days away, but I was so glad to come home and sleep in my own bed and snuggle with the bf and kitten :)

6.  Finally, on August 30th the bf and I headed up to the Crystal Ballroom in Portland to see my all-time favorite band, Brand New.  They haven't been on the West Coast for a few years...and haven't released an album since 2009.  I have been eagerly (and impatiently) waiting for them to go out on tour...and hopefully release a new album.  At least I was rewarded with one thing!  So good!!
The lyrically brilliant Jesse Lacey
Obviously it's been a concert (and event) heavy month...and my bank account is a little sad.  But it's been oh so worth it!!!
And for your listening pleasure...a little Brand New "The Quite Things That No One Ever Knows :)

What have you all been up to?

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous. Feel free to join in on the conversation :)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know! And it was all completely awesome!!!!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake