- I've read Sharp Objects and really enjoyed it. Gone Girl is on my TBR list for sure...I've heard fantastic things and, since the movie is coming out soon, I should probably get on that!
- While I wasn't super impressed with Cat's Eye, I've heard fantastic things about Atwood's other works. Particularly The Handmaid's Tale.
- I recently discovered the brilliance that is John Boyne when I read his latest work, The House of Special Purpose. I now NEED to read EVERYTHING he's written. So good!
- Having read Inkheart and purchased books two and three in the Inkworld series, this one is a must. It's such a wonderful book!
- I downloaded a free copy of one of Ramsey's books, Scotsmen Prefer Blondes, and quickly discovered a great new romance writer. It was the second book in the Maids of Mayfair series, so naturally I have to read the rest.
- The Historian is probably one of my favorite books and I have heard great things about Kostova's other publications. I have The Swan Thieves, but have yet to crack the spine. Soon...
- Anyone who writes about a time-traveling love story is alright in my book. Can't wait to read Niffenegger's other books. If they're anywhere near as good as The Time-Traveler's Wife, I'll be a happy camper :)
- While I don't normally gravitate toward crime novels, Rankin holds a special place in my heart for his Detective Rebus character. Having only read Fleshmarket Alley, I know that I need to explore more of his works. Plus, it gives me wonderful glimpses of Edinburgh.
- Anna Karenina is one of my all-time favorite books...ever...EVER! I have to set aside the time necessary to delve more into Tolstoy and his awesomeness.
- When I first read The Passion it was as an undergrad in college. I should probably re-read it at some point, but I remember that I loved the writing style and the fantastical story of the mythical world of Venice. Her other works have garnered much praise, so I keep meaning to check them out.
Look for next week's post: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List