Great Imaginations) would be posted by now so that I could coordinate the two lists, but alas. Regardless, here are the ten books I'm hoping to get through this fall (my favorite season) and all happened to be housed on my personal bookshevles! No excuses...right?
Gillian Flynn Gone Girl
- With the movie coming out very soon, and with all the great things I've heard about it, this is definitely a must read for this Fall.
- I've been meaning to finish this series for a while and figure that now is a great time to snuggle in and do it!
- I think this book looks fan-freakin-tastic and have been excited to read it for a long time.
- I've been putting reading the fifth book in the series off because I don't want it to be over and I don't want to wait for the sixth book. Sigh...
- I taught an excerpt from this book years ago when I was teaching an introductory college writing class and have always meant to read it. Perhaps Halloween would be a good time to do so :)
- Fall reading also falls during National Novel Writing Month (which I always attempt) and this book is a product of that great writing extravaganza. Must support fellow writers!
- Still putting this one off because of my years-long Harry Potter hangover...
- I don't know why I quit reading this series and hadn't picked it up again, but I feel that I need to show a little love to my beloved Scotland since they lost the independence vote.
- A book that nearly everyone in my various book clubs has read and raved about. It's about time I read it so I could join in on the fun.
- I won this one in a Goodreads giveaway and it sounds pretty awesome. Reason enough to read it in my book.
Also, look for next week's installment: Top Ten Books That Were Difficult to Read