Books that should be movies:
- Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan: A heart-wrenching tail of survival and perseverance in Africa.
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison: A great thriller.
- The House of Special Purpose by John Boyne: Though this would be a slightly difficult based on the layout of the novel, it would be beautiful...so beautiful.
- City of Thieves by David Benioff: A WWII adventure that would be brilliant...especially if Benioff wrote the screenplay (he's the co-writer of GOT).
- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer: This could be amazing if done correctly as multiple movies. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in the works.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Though Probably better suited to a movie, I think it would make a pretty awesome TV show too...especially with Carry On coming out.
- The Finishing School series by Gail Carriger: A fun series where teen girls go to finishing school, but actually learn the art of espionage...in poofy dresses!
- The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger: Set in the same time-frame as The Finishing School, this one is about werewolves and vampires and supernatural things. It would be awesome!
- 44 Scotland Street series by Alexander McCall Smith: This would be a fun series of snippets in the lives of those who live on 44 Scotland Street. It could easily be done the same way the books are written!
- Geek Love by Katherine Dunn: Again, this would probably make a better movie, but with a TV show you could easily adapt tangents and it would be similar in some ways to AHS: Freak Show!
What are some books that you would love to see as a movie or TV show?
Also, look for next week's Top Ten: Most Anticipated Releases for the Rest of 2015.