Writer's Workshop: Ten Things That Make Me Happy

This week's prompt for the Writer's Workshop is:
 10 Things That Make Me Happy...
 
A Strong Cup of Coffee.  I like to taste my coffee and have it kick me gently in the face.  Mmmm.

Rain.  The sound.  The smell.  The feel.  The atmosphere.  The...taste, I guess.  Being from the PNW allows me to experience the beauty of rain a lot.  However, we've had an unusually dry Winter/Spring...and going in to Summer, so I haven't been able to enjoy my delightful rain as much as I would love to.

Hoppy Beer.  I am also thankful that I live in a region that produces seriously outstanding beers (You go, Oregon!).  As my preferences have changed over the years, I have become increasingly drawn to IPAs and the like.  The hoppier, the better in my opinion!

A Plethora of Books.  I feel completely lost without a book on my person at all times.  What if I have to wait somewhere?  What if I get stopped by a train?  What if, what if, what if?!  Having a book allows me to distract and immerse myself into a different space and time.  It's magical. 

Music.  All kinds.  Music is rejuvenating, essential, and multi-faceted.  There is never a time when a song does not work for a given situation...you just have to find the right song.

New Places.  Traveling is one thing that I really love and haven't had the opportunity to partake in as often these past few years.  I love the idea of discovering new places, cultures, ideals, etc.  It's truly fascinating and eye-opening. 

Airports.  I know a lot of people don't like airports for good reason, but I find them fascinating.  The rush of people (and the people-watching).  The excitement in the air.  The feeling of limbo.  It's all so stimulating.
PDX and the infamous PDX Carpet...
Oregon Beaches.  People just don't understand the joy of an Oregon beach.  Yeah, depending on the location, they're often windy and misty.  BUT...that's what makes them so awesome!  The sand is fine.  It's never super crowded.  And, bonus feature, every single beach, EVERY SINGLE ONE, is public property in Oregon!

Sarcasm.  So good!  I like to think that I have a pretty great sense of humor and, to me, sarcasm is pretty awesome. 

The Smell of Bookstores.  That combination of paper, ink, glue, dust, and whatever else is floating around is magical.  I think there are bookstore fairies who purposely add their special brand of magic to that smell that makes it virtually impossible to walk out without purchasing something. 
Those pesky little bitches!

And now I want a coffee, followed by a beer, a book, some tunes, and to be sitting on the beach...sigh...

Writer's Workshop is hosted by Kat at Mama's Losin' It

Comments

  1. All of the above!! Sign me up!!
    Now I'm playing dumb Canadian here -- I had no idea that Oregon had such gorgeous beaches. I've never actually heard Oregon and beach in the same sentence before. I feel like I've been living in a bubble all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly :) Actually, Oregon has 363 miles of beaches! They range from cliffs to dunes and definitely have very distinct climates depending on which region you are visiting. Whale watching is HUGE during the migration season on the Oregon Coast. So much fun! Here's a great site to help you explore:

      http://traveloregon.com/cities-regions/oregon-coast/

      Perhaps a vacation in the future?! Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes!! I love all these things too!! Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of loves!! I also enjoy my morning coffee kicking me in the face. It is so refreshing. Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my coffee preferences! Thanks for visiting, Hailey :)

      Delete
  4. I'm nodding emphatically through your list. From the Oregon coast to the rain and the books and the coffee. Yes, yes and more yes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake