B.O.B. Bookish Survey

Bout of Books 13 kicked off its loveliness this morning at 12:00am.  Now, I didn't start reading at that time, as I like to sleep, and I haven't even read anything as of yet because of that pesky little thing called work, but there are still a lot of hours in the day!  Aside from reading all you can read during this challenge, there are also a multitude of mini challenges you can participate in.  This is the first for the week!
The Bookish Survey is hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale and is quite simple, actually.  She's posted five book-related questions and you only have to answer them.  So easy! 

Here are my answers:
  1. How do you organize your shelves?
    • There is definitely a rhyme and reason to my shelf organization, though you might not guess it by looking.  I have two full size (6-ft) bookshelves that are both double stacked.  One is filled with books that I have read and cannot bear to part with (aside from the very top front row...those I still need to read) and the other is full of yet-to-be read treasures...that I keep adding to.  Then, within this organizing system, I group the books by author and size.  The first step to addiction is admitting that you have an addiction, right?  I admit nothing!
  2. What is one of your favorite books that's not in one of your favorite genres?
    • Oh...hmmm.  I tend to gravitate a lot toward literary and historical fiction, though I've been getting really into YA recently as well.  I guess a genre that I don't read very often are thrillers and crime novels.  So, I'm going to say Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series is probably one of my favorites from that particular genre.  It's gritty, disturbing, and high adrenaline.  Definitely pulls you in.
  3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
    • Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.  It was kind of a knee-jerk reaction rating because now I would probably give it four stars.  It's good though...
  4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
    • I am most excited to read John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let the Right One In.  This book has been on my radar for a while (still haven't watched either film versions because I want to read it first), but I haven't gotten around to reading it.  It's currently sitting on my coffee table just waiting for me to finish up the book I'm currently on.  Soon!
  5. What book do you recommend the most?
    • I'm notorious for recommending books.  Different books all the time.  Despite this, I would have to say that the book I recommend the most is Markus Zusak's The Book Thief.  At least it used to be the one I recommended all the time until everyone read it.  Now I recommend a wide variety of books to people...
What about you?  Where do you fall on these topics?

Happy reading, fellow Bout of Bookers!

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post!! Good luck with your reading goals for Bout of Books 13.0.

    I still have The Book Thief and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in my 'to be read' pile and need to get them out and read them at some point.

    Here's a link to my Bookish Survey post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/bookish-survey-bout-of-books-130.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They're both pretty great books and fairly quick reads, especially "The Book Thief".

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake