Five Living Authors
- JK Rowling. How can she NOT be on your list!!! She's perfection.
- Salman Rushdie. I think he would be so fascinating to talk to.
- Chris Bojhalian. Hands down, he's my favorite American writer and I'm so bummed I missed his book signing when he was in Portland :(
- Alexander McCall Smith. Just so I could talk all things Scottish with him. I want to know even more about Bertie, Angus, and all the characters from 44 Scotland Street!
- Jenny Lawson. The Bloggess herself!! Her second book is coming out in September and she'll be in Portland in November. Totally on my calendar already!!
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The father of Magical Realism! Yes please!
- Jorge Luis Borges. His stories are so beautiful and intriguing. Check out The Library of Babel.
- Thomas Mann. Genius. Pure genius.
- Franz Kafka. How can you not want to meet an author who's most famous character is a giant bug? He's got some other, even better, writing, but everything is haunting. So good!
- Paul Celan. My favorite poet...so disturbingly brilliant.
Look for next week's Top Ten: Freebie!