Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!

This week's topic is:  Hidden Gems In...  I've gone with books in the Retelling/Inspired By Genre.  

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski ... a retelling of Hamlet


Cinder by Marissa Meyer ... a retelling of Cinderella

Heartless by Marissa Meyer ... a retelling of Alice in Wonderland

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion ... a retelling of Romeo and Juliet

Going Bovine by Libba Bray ... a retelling of Don Quixote

The Hours by Michael Cunningham ... a retelling of Mrs. Dalloway

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova ... a (loose) retelling/continuation of Dracula

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) ... a retelling of Sleeping Beauty

Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys ... a (loose) retelling/prequel of Jane Eyre

Madame Bovary by Gustav Flaubert ... a retelling of Don Quixote

Of course, all of Marissa Meyer's books would totally work for this topic, but I tried to choose some "off the beaten path" ones to include.  There are a ton of books that fit this category (a LOT of YA).

What are some of your favorite re-tellings or re-imagined stories?

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Ten Books That Were a Chore to Get Through

Happy reading!




Comments

  1. I adored Going Bovine and read it years ago. I never understood why more people didn't read it. Especially since so many people love the author. I bought Edgar Sawtelle after a blogging friend, who knows I love dogs, said I absolutely had to read it. Guess I should get busy huh? Great list! Oh, and Cinder was great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edgar Sawtelle is a beautiful and heartbreaking book. Definitely recommend it! Thanks for visiting, Barb :)

      Delete
  2. I love the whole Lunar Chronicles series! I haven't read HEARTLESS yet, although it's been sitting on my shelf since it came out. I need to get to it one of these days.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lunar Chronicles is probably one of my favorite series...aside from Harry Potter, of course :) I'll admit that Heartless took me a while to get in to, and it's not nearly as good at LC, but then ending made up for a lot of its downfalls. Thanks for stopping by, Susan.

      Delete
  3. I love Heartless, such a great book!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/top-ten-tuesday-122/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I loved it more, but the end totally save it for me! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Cinder was a great read and so was Warm Bodies.

    Here is our TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Thanks for visiting, Astilbe :)

      Delete
  5. One of these days, I really want to try Warm Bodies! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's definitely worth it! The follow-up, "The Burning World", is also excellent. I'm impatiently waiting for the final book to be published :) I also enjoyed the movie, so that's a plus. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake