L is for...Little Things and La Cienga






Greetings, Tuesday and fellow A-Zers!  Today we're moving on to the letter L for the challenge.




L is for "Little Things" and "La Cienga Just Smiled"

"Little Things" - Good Charlotte
 

The debut single for GC, this was the first song I heard by them back in 2001.  It also led to my first "real" concert (Good Charlotte, Slick Shoes, and MxPx).  I have been a fan ever since; even when they went mainstream with their The Young and the Hopeless album.  Eventually they were able to redeem themselves with their next three follow-ups, especially Good Morning Revival.

*Lyrics:  "Yeah, this song is dedicated / To every kid who ever got picked last in gym class / To every kid who never had a date to no school dance / To everyone who's ever been called a freak / This is for you"

"La Cienga Just Smiled" - Ryan Adams
 

When I was living in Austria, I had about an hour or so commute at about 5:30 in the morning that involved two subways, a train, and walking.  I lived with my iPod and Ryan Adams' Gold was my album of choice.  This song so reminds me of strolling the Viennese streets; the sites, the sounds, the smells, everything.  This brings it all back...I love this song...

*Lyrics:  "And I hold you close in the back of my mind / Feels so good but damn it makes me hurt / And I'm too scared to know how I feel about you now"

What are some of your favorite L songs?

Blog on, fellow A-Zers!

Comments

  1. Amazing song! Hi, just stopped by from the challenge to say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake