Q is for...Quit Playing and Queen of Apology




Good morning and happy Monday...barf!  Is it just me, or was the weekend incredibly fast and way too short?  Sigh.  Regardless, I hope you all had a delightful weekend and are pumped for this week's portion of the challenge.  Today is all about the letter Q...and it was difficult (don't judge me for my choices!).


Q is for "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" and "Queen of Apology"

"Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" - Backstreet Boys
 

*covers eyes in shame* I apologize for including this...I really do.  This is not my favorite BSB song.  I was never the biggest fan of theirs.  N'Sync was so much better.  But I digress.  This track is off their debut album, Backstreet Boys, and was released as their first US Single.  They had released four previous tracks in Europe before taking a run at the US market.  However, it wasn't until Millennium that the group reached superstar status in the US...technically their third album.

*Fun Fact:  The band celebrated their 20th anniversary on April 20, 2013 in Hollywood.  They received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame two days later and April 22nd has been declared Backstreet Boys Day in Hollywood.

"Queen of Apology" - The Sounds
 

Oh man, oh man.  This is a great band!  Swedish new wave indie rock group, The Sounds, have been likened to Blondie, The Cars, the Epoxies and others.  "Queen of Apology" is off the group's second album, Dying to Say This to You, and garnered favorable praise from music critics.  Personally, I think it's a stellar album.

*Lyrics: "Now I'm fighting this feeling / But it never stops, never stops / I'm still waiting / And I'm stuck with this feeling / Will it ever stop, ever stop? / I keep trying"

What are some of your favorite Q songs?  This was a difficult letter...

Blog on, fellow A-Zers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake