S is for...Step By Step and The Seed




We've reached the halfway point of the workweek and I don't think Friday afternoon can get here any faster.  Ugh.  Aside from that, today is all about the letter S.



S is for "Step By Step" and "The Seed (2.0)"



"Step By Step" - New Kids on the Block
 

NKOTB were my first boy band.  I loved them.  I remember having a VHS tape of one of their concert specials and I watched that thing religiously.  I wanted to be serenaded by Joey.  Mmmm.  I guess Jordan and Donny were pretty steamy too.  The other two...not so much.  Oh well.  "Step By Step" is a fun track.  It doesn't mean much, but it's catchy.

*Fun Fact:  "Step By Step" is the best-selling single for NKOTB.  It was voted #4 in a Smash Hits poll of "Best Boyband Songs...Ever" and is also on the list of About.com's 30 Guilty Pleasures.

"The Seed (2.0)" - The Roots
 

Such a great song.  Great beat.  Great vibe.  So chill.  I first discovered this song while watching the Mandy Moore flick Chasing Liberty...don't judge :)  A remix of the original track, "The Seed (2.0)" is off the band's fifth studio album, Phrenology.  It's a great blend of rock, funk, and hip hop.  But then you actually read the lyrics and whoa nelly!  It's a dirty song!!! 

*Lyrics:  "I don't ask, for much these days / And I don't bitch and whine if I don't get my way / I only want to fertilize another behind my lover's back / I sit and watch it grow standin' where I'm at"

What are some of your favorite S songs?  "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" is a good one...and so many others!

Blog on, fellow A-Zers!

Comments

  1. Love your choice of songs, does admitting I remember the bands show my age? I have given your blog a shout out from my letter T today https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie!!! If knowing these songs shows your age, then you are definitely not alone ;) But isn't it so fun to remember them?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake