It's Monday...ugh. And I'll honestly admit that I have nothing for today. Epic Fail! Oh well. Have a lovely day, fellow A-Zers, and I'll be back tomorrow.
"L"obbing stones to decimate two birds today: Poetry Fridays and the letter L. Jabberwocky (1855) 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe. "Beware the Jabberwock, my son The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand; Long time the manxome foe he sought— So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came! One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back. "And hast thou slain the Jabberwock...
Oooo...the day is getting closer; creeping stealthily, it will smack you in the face in no time! While we impatiently await the start of the challenge, it's time to reveal our themes. Yay! I'm going for something drastically different this year. Something much more challenging than I've ever done in my previous four years participating in this particular challenge. Normally my posts are pretty straight-forward, contained, not overly ambitious. This year is going to be another beast all together. My mission, should I choose to accept it, will be to write one continuous story for the entire challenge. I know my characters, setting, and where I want it to go...kind of. All I need to figure out is how to get from point A to point Z. The first word of each post will start with the letter for the day; some of these will definitely be more difficult than others, but I'm determined. I look forward to writing this, receiving feedb...
It's Thursday and the sunny weather that Oregon has been experiencing for the past few weeks is no more. Hello, Rain. How I've missed you. Moving on...today we move on to the letter D and I'm bringing you the following: The Devil's Punchbowl Sounds ominous, right? Worry not, dear readers. The Devil's Punchbowl is nothing more than a rock formation on the Oregon Coast just north of Newport. Some perspective: Newport is two and a half hours south of Portland; one hour and fifty minutes north of Eugene; three hours and thirty-six minutes west of Bend; nine hours and forty-four minutes north of San Francisco; and five hours and five minutes south of Seattle. Designated a National State Park, Devil's Punchbowl is a nature preserve open year round for hiking, bird and seal watching, and general exploration. It also encompasses Seal Rock just north of the Bowl. Devil's Punchbowl at high tide. The bowl is a natura...
I think there's a Greek philosopher called Xenon?! Something like that, lol. :)
ReplyDeleteGirl of the 21st Century ;)
Delete