Z is for...Markus Zusak



Well, we've made it to the end of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, fellow A-Zers, and that brings us to the letter Z.  Today is all about:  Markus Zusak.






Markus Zusak (1975-)
An Australian writer, Markus Zusak is best known for his young adult fiction.  His two most well-known works are The Book Thief and I Am the Messenger.  I first encountered Zusak's work in 2006 when I moved to Austria.  I picked it up in a small bookstore in Vienna that had an English language section (I needed to read something in English).  I can honestly say that I am so glad I wandered into that bookstore and picked up The Book Thief.  It is a magical book and one that I recommend to everyone who hasn't read it.  In fact, I have lent my copy out to so many people that it is falling apart (this signifies love).  I have yet to see the film version, though I want to despite the reviews.  There are still a few books of Zusak's that I have yet to read, by they are all on my GoodReads list :)

*Recommendation:  The Book Thief

Who are some of your favorite Z authors?

Once again, this year's A-Z Blogging Challenge has been awesome!  I came across some great blogs and truly enjoyed every aspect of the challenge.  I can't wait until next year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake