B.O.B 21: 2018 Reading Goals

Today's mini challenge for Bout of Books 21 is 2018 Reading Goals


I always have reading goals...mainly due to the fact that there are so many books on my constantly growing TBR and I know I will NEVER be able to read them all before I kick the can.  This might give me slight heart palpitations.  I want to read everything, but people keep writing new books and I want to read those too.  Sigh. 




On my quest in reading ALL the books, here are some of my goals for 2018:
  1. ONLY read books I currently own.  This is "set in stone" for the next three months as I made this the goal of my book bingo three month reading challenge on the first of the year.
  2. Finish series that I've started (and have the desire to finish):  Wildwood Chronicles by Colin Meloy, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, Contours of the Heart by Tammara Webber, Villains by VE Schwab, Muses of Mayfair by Sara Ramsey, Lost Lords by Mary Jo Putney, 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith, Millennium by Stieg Larsson, Inkworld by Cornelia Funke, Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card
  3. Listen to the audiobooks I currently have in my queue:  The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish, Al Franken: Giant of the Senate by Al Franken, The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher, Unbelievable: My Front Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History by Katy Tur, David Spade is Almost Interesting by David Spade, Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by JD Vance
  4. Be okay with the fact that I will NOT get to every book in numbers 2 and 3!
  5. Start reviewing books again!
  6. Organize my OVERFLOWING bookshelves to make finding/selecting my next read easier
  7. Purge books I've read and clear some space on those poor bookshelves
  8. Clean up my GoodReads TBR...I know there are books on there that I will never read
  9. Work on cultivating my bookstagram posts.  Be more consistent.  Use more variety.  Use the freakin' hashtag!
  10. Don't sweat what I don't get to over the next year.  While I am a tried and true bookworm and would much rather read than do a lot of other things, I have a partner who is a 10/10 extrovert and he needs that socialization to stay sane.  I can put the book down sometimes ;)
What are some of your book goals for 2018? 

Happy reading, fellow Bout of Bookers!

Comments

  1. I need to cut off Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime to have a fighting chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of the same goals. reviewing books again I let it slip so bad last year, and also get rid of books I know I won't read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was definitely something about the year that did not lend itself to reviewing books...sigh...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake