Top Ten Tuesday: New In The Stacks

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a great way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Top Ten New To You Authors.  Oh, there are so many possibilities!  Needless to say, there are several authors on my list who should not be new-to-me authors because they've been around for a while.  Alas...I'm late to their genius.  In no particular order, here are some authors I loved this year:

Jhumpa Lahiri:  Her short stories in Interpreter of Maladies are beautiful and brilliant.  I'm very excited to expand my Lahiri reading.

Ellen Marie Wiseman:  Wiseman's The Plum Tree is a heartbreaking work of gorgeous story.  I'm thankful I found this gem in the Friends of the Library book sale.

Leslye WaltonThe Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender is just that...strange and beautiful.  Walton's writing excites me.

Angie ThomasThe Hate U Give is EVERYTHING!  Such a powerful voice.

Carl Hiaasen:  Not my normal genre, but Hiassen's Skink No Surrender was a fun little romp through a whole lot of crazy.  I'm a fan!

Fredrik BackmanA Man Called Ove is probably the best book I read all year.  I quickly followed it up with Backman's other novels and have not been disappointed once. 

Amie Kaufman:  Choosing These Broken Stars solely based on the cover art was a gamble that PAID OFF!  I devoured the Starbound Trilogy and am itching to read everything Kaufman has written.

Lidia Yuknavitch:  Yuknavitch is a powerful writer.  The Small Backs of Children is haunting and subtle. 
 
Omar El Akkad:  El Akkad's American War seems all to plausible in today's political climate.  I'm excited to see what he does next.   

Christopher Moore:  Why?  Why has it taken me so long to actually read a Moore novel?  I loved Bloodsucking Fiends and I can't wait to dive into all the twisted stuff that Moore's produced.

This is just a smattering of the new authors I read over the past year.  There are several more, but these ten definitely stand out.  Who are some new-to-you authors that you stumbled across this past year?

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Books I Meant to Get to in 2017 (and Plan to Tackled in 2018!)
Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake