Top Ten Tuesday: Goals Shmoals

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl and it's a great way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Top Ten Bookish Goals/Resolutions for 2018.  Ironically, I just did a goals post for Bout of Books last week, so I'll be using some of those same goals in this post.  I might also sneak a few new ones in there :)

Here's what's brewing in my book/blog world for the year:
  1. Read ONLY books that I currently own.  I have way too many books that have resided on my OVERFLOWING bookshelves and they've been there for years.  Seriously, years!  I have made a resolution to read from those books over the next few months in an effort to purge some books from my home and make a dent in the ever shrinking and fully cluttered spare bedroom...
  2. Start reviewing books again.  I was on a really good kick for a few years, but over the past two years or so, reviewing books has been completely absent from all of my blogging activities.  I don't intend to review every book I read, but trying to get a couple a month onto the blog would be nice.
  3. Clean up my GoodReads TBR!  This is always one of the goals...and I've done some of it this year already.  Of course, it was nothing substantial and I doubt I'll get it down to a reasonable number ever...unless people stop writing books I want to read.
  4. Finish series I have started and actually have the desire to finish!  Among those:  Wildwood Chronicles by Colin Meloy, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith, Millennium by Stieg Larsson, Inkworld by Cornelia Funke...I could go on
  5. Develop/incorporate new features on the blog.  I've been toying with some ideas and need to flesh some final details out, but I'm determined to post new things in the very near future.
  6. Work on my DNF even more!  I did manage to DNF a few books this past year, but there were others I should have done that to as well.  One I finished last week comes to mind...
  7. Don't add a new book to the TBR just because everyone and their mother is reading it.  Actually think about whether I am really interested in the book or not.
  8. Prepare for Blogging from A-Z early this year so I get back in the groove of participating.  I am really bummed that I completely failed last year as it's one of my favorite blogging events.
  9. Read more...watch less TV!
  10. Have fun!  Enjoy what I'm reading and, if I'm not enjoying it, take a break of DNF that bitch!
What are some of your reading/blogging goals for 2018?

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Books I Really Liked But Can't Remember Anything/Much About

Comments

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake