Top Ten Tuesday: I Meant to Read That!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish (until next week when Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl will take over) and it's a great way to share what you're loving in list form.  The topic changes every week, so there is always something new to discover!
This week's topic is:  Top Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2017 but Didn't Get To.  Oy Vey!  There are always a TON of books I always mean to get to throughout the year and just never find the time or get distracted by other books because...shiny! 

Regardless, here are a few that were totally on my TBR for 2017...and should probably be the first I get through in 2018:

The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian

The Martian by Andy Weir


Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward

The Shoemaker's Wife Adriana Trigiani

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Shame by Salman Rushdie



There are always books I have every intention of getting to, but these are the ones I'm really wanted to get done.  I actually started The New Jim Crow and was loving it, but it was due back at the library without the option of renewal...whomp whomp.  And Dragons has been on my "whoops, I missed it" for years... 

What are some books that you missed out on last year?  Are they on your 2018 radar?

Also, look for next week's Top Ten:  Bookish Resolutions/Goals

Happy reading!

Comments

  1. The Nightingale is AMAZING! Out of the Easy is on my eventual list of course. However, I want to take a dent out of the books I have purchased over the years. Less to store when we jump the coop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally my plan right now, too! Read only books I own :)

      Delete
  2. The Shoemakers Wife and the Nightingale are both well worth it. The New Jim Crow is on my list for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that about both books. The NJC is very readable and I wish I didn't have to turn it back in to the library...got about 50 pages in. Definitely checking it out again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

L is for...Lighthouses

C is for...Crater Lake