Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts


Highlights of the week/coming weekend:

1.  Yesterday after work was spent lounging poolside to combat the unnatural heat we've been experiencing here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest).  I love that there are opportunities like this and friends with pools who are down to open their doors during the work week for a little cooldown.  Naturally, we always come bearing some form of dinner and liquid libations; last night was bratwurst, bacon-ranch macaroni salad, chips, and beer.  I like to think we're pretty accommodating guests :)  To top the evening off, we were able to spend some lovely time in the hot tub afterward!

2.  Tonight, along with my lovely friend Lori @ Palmer's Page Turners, I'll be hitting up an awesome, FREE, concert in the park.  Parish Gap, a local band, puts on a great show of classic rock covers peppered with some originals.  Definitely check their stuff ou.


Cajun tots and Rubinators!
3.  Tomorrow night (Friday) I'll be heading down to Corvallis for dinner with a friend at McMenamins, a PNW tradition.  We try to get together every month or two to catch up and swill some delicious beer.  Friday will be no exception!  Cajun tots and Rubinators await!

4.  On Sunday, my boyfriend and I will be attending a friend's wedding up near Portland.  While he has never met these friends (and I told him he did not have to come along), I think it will be a great time regardless.  Plus, it's at a venue I've never been to and it looks gorgeous.  And, if I know Brianna and Ian (the lovely couple) at all, it will be an awesome time!

5.  Sunday evening will also be my catch-up day on So You Think You Can Dance!  I am three weeks behind (ugh) and I have been dying to watch the episodes.  I've been holding off on watching them because I thought someone (BF) wanted to watch as well since he likes the auditions, but Noooo.  Silly BF.  I'm not waiting any longer!

That's about it for now.  Oh!  And, of course, there will be reading scattered throughout!

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous. Feel free to join in on the conversation :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a really great week! I love your neck of the woods...down here in Central California, it is mostly hot and not that gorgeous. LOL

    Enjoy the concerts, etc., and the TV catch-up day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well, now is a great time for a vacation ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake