This week's theme is: Blogging Confessions. I'm really going to try to come up with ten blogging confessions, but I don't know if I can do it.
- I have well over 50 book reviews in my drafts folder that I need to finish.
- I stopped adding new books that need to be reviewed to my drafts folder months ago...so that number should probably be much closer to seventy...or more :(
- I go in big blogging spurts and then kind of disappear for months. It becomes quite difficult to post consistently during certain times of the year for some reason.
- The only time I post consistently is during the month of April because I participate in the A-Z Blogging Challenge...so I'm FORCED to post something. This was my third year participating and it's a lot of fun.
- If I don't like the look of a blog, or if it's too busy, I won't stay to read what has been written. That's horrible of me!
- Along those same lines, if a blog doesn't have me hooked in the first few sentences or first paragraph, I won't stick around to finish reading the post (I'm the same way with newspapers and magazines)
- I'm woefully inept at figuring out Blogger! How do you make a button? Pages...forget about it! A personalized signature...nope. I'm lucky that I can figure out how to put in links and pictures.
- I get bored with my page design quickly and am unimpressed (for the most part) with the pre-made Blogger template options, but I'm too cheap to pay for a professionally designed page and too tech illiterate to build one myself.
- I get slightly depressed when I see the lack of correlation between how many times a post has been viewed and how many comments it received...or didn't receive.
- I feel like reviews should never have spoilers in them and get angry when others include them. My personal reaction: "Great! Thanks for RUINING the book for me, Jackhole!"
Also, look for next week's Top Ten: Favorite Movies or TV Shows