This week's theme is: Favorite Movies or TV Shows. Oh, man, oh, man...where do I begin? I'm going to go with TV shows for this week's post, because they're easier to narrow down!
Here are my favorites (past and present) in no particular order:
The Walking Dead
- I am obsessed with this show. Beyond obsessed. It's kind of ridiculous. I'll watch the marathons even though I've seen every single episode. I also stick around after each episode and watch The Talking Dead. But it's oh so good! If you like zombies and aren't grossed out by gore...this is THE show for you...as long as Daryl and Glenn don't die.
- Dancing? Check! Awesome choreography? Check! Alternating guest judges? Check! Returning all-stars? Double check! This is, hands down, my favorite "reality" show. It's entertaining, emotional, and full of talented people. I seriously do a countdown for SYTYCD because it's so buck!
- When this show came out, I quickly became a voracious watcher. It was fun and involved aliens...because they exist...and the whole Area 51 conspiracy theory. So good. Even when it was scheduled to be cut from the WB line-up, fans sent thousands upon thousands of bottles of tabasco to keep it on the air...and it worked!
- This one is pretty self-explanatory. 10 years of awesome comedy and I still watch the reruns on tv whenever their on.
- There are multiple reasons I love this show. 1. It's set in Portland and the Pacific Northwest (where I live). 2. It is all about Grimm fairytales and, as a lover of German culture, this appeals to me greatly. 3. It's just plain awesome.
- Specifically the British version of the show (the original). So, so, so funny! The adventures, and misadventures, of Roy, Moss, and Jen are flat out hilarious. If you haven't seen this show, definitely check it out. Seasons 1-3 are available to stream via Netflix :)
- This is where the nerd in me comes out hardcore. I love Jeopardy. I love knowledge and trivial tidbits. My mother says that I am a fount of useless information...and I have to agree with her. However, this allows for me to be pretty damn good at Jeopardy :) One day I'll try out...
- The books are phenomenal...the shows pretty awesome as well. Though I have to say that if you've never read the books, there are so many things that can be confusing in the series; I find myself having to explain who someone is or a plotting device to my boyfriend often when we watch the show. We're currently finishing up season two (no spoilers, please) and are eager to begin season three!
- This show began right before my sophomore year of undergrad and I loved it. We had OTH watching parties and were eager to see what exploits the characters were getting up to each week. I'll admit that I didn't watch the last three or four seasons, but I've been seriously thinking about going back and finishing it up. It's a great teen drama.
- What can I say...I love a good WB teen drama! The drama surrounding Dawson, Pacey, Joey, and Jen was right up my alley and coincided perfectly with my age group. I loved that show and watched it from start to finish.
Also, look for next week's top ten: Characters I Would Want with Me on a Deserted Island