Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts

Here's what's on my mind...

1.  Something I'm not looking forward to:  a six day work week...barf!  Working at a university, it is sometimes necessary to work six days a week; roughly about eight Saturdays a year.  These happen sporadically throughout the year, but between June and July our Freshmen Orientation programs take place and 6:30am and me do NOT get along.  One bright side to this:  it's the last one!  Woohoo!

2.  Spending Sunday at the beach...or the Oregon Brewers Festival in Portland...or hiking Silver Falls...or relaxing on my only day off.  We haven't decided which yet.

South Falls @ Silver Creek Falls

3.  Finishing up In Paradise by Peter Matthiessen and starting in on Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich; I'm picking it up at the library on my way home :)  Along with this, I'm excited to knock out some more squares on my Bookish Bingo: Summer Edition card!

4.  I read a great article on why teachers NEED summers off today.  In it, there were two great lines that I fell in love with:  "...there is no book so great that it could not be improved upon with a good cup of coffee in hand" and "In Powell's, I sit in the aisles and fill my nostrils with that tart, sweet smell of old pages in old books".  Both by the author of the article, Tony Vala-Haynes, who is an Oregon English teacher.  Of course, there are the usual "teachers don't work enough" garbage in the comments section...so ignore that.  However, I would love to have summers off to sit in my favorite coffee shops and in the aisles of Powell's, too.  Alas... 

That's all of got for today, folks.  I promise I'll do better next week!

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous. Feel free to join in on the conversation :)

Comments

  1. 1. Seriously. Six day workweeks SUCK. At least we can talk about books on our downtime?

    2. Both good choices for Sunday!!! Beer or hiking...beer or hiking....I vote beer! You'll be tired from work on Saturday! Either one sounds delightful though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Get Wordy!

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake