Book Blogger Quiz
Sometimes you need a little quiz action in your life :) Courtesy of Amanda @ Amanda's Nose in a Book, but discovered through MizB @ Should Be Reading and Alicia @ Awesome Book Assessment, here's a little Book Blogger Quiz. Participate in you feel so inclined!
Top 3 Bookish Pet Peeves
Top 3 Bookish Pet Peeves
- My biggest one...when I let people borrow books and they don't return them...or they treat them horribly!
- When I check out books from the library and there is stuff spilled between the pages causing them to stick together. I don't know what that substance is! Gross!!
- When books are not alphabetized at bookstores. It makes it very difficult to find what I'm looking for. However, it does add to the "hunting" aspect.
- I can read just about anywhere; a desk, couch, bed, stopped at a railroad crossing, an airplane, etc. But my favorite spot to read would have to be a comfy chair in a coffeeshop. I love that there is an infinite supply of coffee and snacks at my disposal and, when I need to take a little reading break, I can people-watch! I also love reading on airplanes :)
- I have more books on my personal bookshelves that I haven't read versus ones that I have. Like, more than twice or three times as many. Two six foot bookshelfs that are both double-stacked, with additional books shoved across the top of each shelf...I think I might have a problem!
- I LOVE breaking the spine of a book (if it's my personal copy) and dog-earing pages. To me, breaking the spine is a cathartic release and helps with readability. There's something so satisfying about that resounding crack. I only do this with my paperback copies because hardbacks just don't offer the same satisfaction. Also, bookmarks are incovenient for me and have a tendency to fall out too easily. If I dog-ear the page, I know exactly where I'm at.
- I am unable to walk out of a bookstore empty-handed. It's just not going to happen. Even when I know I shouldn't be getting anything, I still do. Those books NEED homes, dangit!
- I am not a very emotional person, but when it comes to books I have definitely shed some tears. I think the last time I cried while reading a book was A Silence of Mockingbirds: The Memoir of a Murder by Karen Spears Zacharias. Though the book reads more of a "woe-is-me" by the author, because I personally knew Karly and know her father, this really struck a cord. I won't go into it, but you can check the book out if you feel so inclined.
- There are currently six books on my bedside table. Oy vey! Two I am currently reading, Belle Cora and Greetings from Somewhere Else, and the other four are ones I will soon be starting (the Divergent Series and a cheesy romance novel).
- Chocolate...dark chocolate. But really I prefer to drink coffee or tea while reading instead of eating.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling or Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
- This. Is. Home.
- I love romance novels. I tend to read a lot of "literary" books and whatnot, so it's really nice to take a break from thinking while reading and dive into a mindless romance novel. They always end happily and make you smile.
- Anyone who would like to participate :)