This week's theme is: Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag. Now...we don't necessarily have "beach" weather (or beach temperature water...unless you want hypothermia) here in western Oregon, but we have lake/camping weather :) So I'm going with that! In addition, I'm also participating in two reading challenges over the next two months (the Summer Library Challenge and the Library Books Read-a-Thon), so some of these books will double/triple count along the way!
Here's what will be in my bag this summer:
The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- I'm kind of cheating with this one and including three books...whoops :) I've heard good and bad things about this series, but I'm going to decide for myself.
- Pretty self-explanatory. This book (and movie) has gotten rave reviews. I have to see what all the hype's about. I've been pre-warned about the tear-jerking aspect, so I'll be prepared with a box of tissues...
- I'm loving the A Song of Fire and Ice series and am bound and determined to finish what's been published...and then wait very impatiently for the next installment.
- Again, cheating here. I've read the first in the series and just picked up the next four (!) from the library.
- One I picked up from the university library where I work, this book sounds excellent and intriguing.
- I'm on a cheating rampage! I've read the first in this YA Fantasy series and have to see how the story plays out! Super excited for the last two.
- One of my favorite authors, this book has been on my shelf for awhile and I am dying to read it.
- Again, I've heard rave reviews of this one and I loved Sharp Objects.
- So I read the second book in this series (whoops) and really enjoyed it. Would like to see how it all began.
- I've been meaning to read this one for awhile. Several of my friends have read it and absolutely fell in love. I've read some of her other stuff and enjoyed it.
Also, look for next week's Top Ten: Books I've Read So Far This Year