B.T.T: Extremes

Booking Through Thursday:  Extremes

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ Booking Through Thursday.  Every week she posts a book related prompt/question, you answer the prompt, and then link back to the original.  Here's this week's:

Question/Prompt:  Extremes
What's the furthest you've ever gone to get something to read?  (Think extremes as well as miles--wrangling a ride from a stranger to a distant bookstore just to get the newest book from a favorite author?)  If your absolute favorite author (living or dead) was coming out with a brand new book tomorrow, how far would you go, what would you do to get a copy?
The farthest distance extreme I've gone to get a book is probably about 65ish miles.  The world's largest new and used bookstore, Powell's City of Books, is located about an hour north of me in Portland, Oregon and it's like my Mecca.  I don't need any specific reason to visit Powell's, but I always walk away spending more money that I originally intended to.  If you ever get the chance to visit Powell's, do it! 

Also, I make it a point to visit a bookstore in nearly every city I visit, even if it's just a layover in the airport.  Because of this, I've been to a lot of out-of-the-way bookstores/huts that aren't on most people's radar and I've purchased books that I normally wouldn't have come across.  I love that aspect.

Aside from that, the only time I went to an extreme for any book was when Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was released (and the subsequent releases as well).  I had been on the pre-order list at my local bookstore for months and was so excited when they called and told me it had arrived.  I think everyone thought I was crazy because I had previously snubbed the HP series and refused to read them...one week camping without any other books to read aside from the first three in the HP series completely changed that.  

What are some extremes you've gone to in order to get a book?

Happy reading!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L is for...Lighthouses

2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal

C is for...Crater Lake